Saturday, April 28, 2012

Linda Ikeji's Tear-Jecking True Life Story (A Must Read)




As narrated by Linda Ikeji:


Ghen ghen, fight between Linda Ikeji and Toke Makinwa. Lol. Unfortunately I don't really know who she is...never met her...only seen her Flytime interviews. I hear she's also a radio presenter...and apparently she said on radio recently that I am not a role model...


Here's how Thenetng is reporting it 


Popular radio and TV presenter Toke Makinwa has aired her thoughts about popular blogger and former model Linda Ikeji stating she ‘doesn’t think Linda Ikeji is a role model’.


Little known Makinwa who works as a radio presenter on popular urban radio station Rhythm 93.7 dropped her comments on air while she was co-anchoring ‘The Morning Drive’ recently.


I don’t think Linda Ikeji is a role model. She’s a gossiper, She sells gossip’, Makinwa said on the show and even appealed to her listeners not to take the likes of popular US blogger Perez Hilton and Miss Ikeji seriously.


Well, she's entitled to her opinion. I have nothing against that statement...I understand where she's coming from. Some of the posts hurt people, some help people. It's the media, it's the job I chose. Like every other job, it has its advantages and disadvantageous. You win some, you lose some. I get it. I accept it.


It's times like this I almost forget who I am...but then I remember where I'm coming from and I smile. Let me tell you guys a story.


It was early 2000, I was 19 years old, in my second year at the University of Lagos. I'd been a model for about a year and a half then. Modeling back then didn't pay a lot. Sometimes you eat, sometimes you can't find food. Sometimes you had money, sometimes you will have to beg for it. I'm not from a rich home. I started struggling since I was 17 to support my family. So I kinda hard a tough life growing up but I kept working, doing all sorts of modeling jobs, ushering, fashion shows, and at one point I sold beer at a hotel. I'd leave lectures, go to a hotel and sell beer from 1pm till 10pm.


I did this for a few months. It wasn't easy but I had to survive. One of the things I said to myself back then was, the day I sell my body to a man for money, may God strike me dead. I was determined to make it on my own, never let any man take my dignity. In those days, most young girls had an aristo...I was never one of those girls. I would rather starve or beg for food than give my body to a man for money.


Read more »